Monday, January 19, 2009

Coffee Cafe

When I first moved to San Francisco, I seemed to always be lost in some random neighborhood. My only saving grace was a local coffee shop. It was there I would take refuge with a window seat, my coffee drink and some delicious baked good. Ultimately, I discovered this was the best way for me to learn my way around the city.

I started learning the city by way of coffee café – Blue Bottle Coffee in Hayes Valley, makes the strongest, most interesting cup of coffee. I would peruse the unique boutiques as I enjoyed every last drop. Tartine in the Mission, has the most sinfully delicious coconut, passion fruit cake, which gave me enough energy to navigate the seemingly endless streets of people, shopping and restaurants.

Now that I have lived here for five years, I still find myself deciding on how to spend my free time, by way of my taste buds. Next time you find yourself with a free afternoon, check out one of my neighborhood favorites.

Blue Bottle Coffee - 315 Linden St, just West of Gough between Hayes and Fell St.
Tartine Bakery – 600 Guerrero St, on the corner of 18th

Written by Nathalie Spelman

No comments: