Sunday, August 22, 2010

Whole Hog Sandwich & a Salad

I finally had a chance to visit The Fremont Diner in Sonoma this weekend. I wish it hadn't taken me so long! This is a great local spot serving up breakfast and lunch highlighting the freshest, local ingredients. The chalkboard menu, handled mason jars and turquoise colored tables all add lots of charm, but the food is what really shines.

The menu is very seasonal with some great diner favorites like fried chicken and waffles, mac and cheese and of course a big, juicy burger. But it also has some lighter dishes like the fresh peach salad with arugula, mozzarella and ham that I tried today. It went perfect with the Farmer's Toast I ordered - Ricotta and sun gold cherry tomatoes on toasted bread. Delicious! While I enjoyed my salad and Farmer's Toast, my husband had the Whole Hog Sandwich - a mouthwatering delicious pulled pork sandwich.

We topped it off with a fresh strawberry milkshake and sweet iced tea.

Next up? Breakfast! And of course the Caramel Cake with Vanilla Ice Cream.

The Fremont Diner is located on Highway 121.

Written by Linzi

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This might sound odd, however not all wedding photographers are the same and not all of photographers are a good fit intended for every consumer. When your marriage wedding photographer meets both you and locates out about what anyone are looking
asikqq
dewaqq
sumoqq
interqq
pionpoker
pelangiqq
hobiqq
paito warna
http://192.254.236.33/hobiqq78/
datahk 2019