Monday, December 14, 2009
Support a Good Cause
Started by food blogger Chez Pim in 2004 as a response to the devastating Tsunamis in Southeast Asia, Menu for Hope is now in its 6th year. The campaign brings together food bloggers from all over the world to put together amazing food and wine related raffle items. The proceeds from the fundraising campaign go to support the UN World Food Programme.
You can participate by donating $10 to earn a virtual ticket that allows you to bid on an item of your choice. There are so many great items to choose from that you will probably find yourself donating $10 several times over for a chance to win some amazing raffle items. But don't worry, it's all going to an amazing cause. Wondering how to get started?
Visit Chez Pim's blog for a full list of raffle items. You can also visit Alder Yarrow's Vinography for a list of great wine-related items.
To Donate and Enter the Menu for Hope Raffle
1. Choose a bid item or bid items of your choice from our Menu for Hope main bid item list.
2. Go to the donation site at Firstgiving and make a donation.
3. Please specify which bid item you'd like in the 'Personal Message' section in the donation form when confirming your donation. You must write-in how many tickets per bid item, and please use the bid item code.
Each $10 you donate will give you one raffle ticket toward a bid item of your choice. For example, a donation of $50 can be 2 tickets for EU01 and 3 tickets for EU02 - 2xEU01, 3xEU02.
4. If your company matches your charity donation, please check the box and fill in the information so we could claim the corporate match.
5. Please check the box to allow us to see your email address so that we can contact you in case you win. Your email address will not be shared with anyone.